Last updated: June 17, 2023
Hawaii offers several beautiful destinations for a memorable babymoon experience.
The natural beauty of each island, the relaxing atmosphere, the luxury resorts and the infinite opportunities for incredible maternity photos make it one of the best babymoon destinations in the world.
If you’re considering Hawaii for your babymoon vacation with your significant other, it can be hard to choose which island to stay on. They are all different in many ways and each has a unique atmosphere.
To help you choose, we’ve compiled information on each of the Hawaiian islands so you can plan your best babymoon possible.
Here are the best places to consider for your perfect babymoon in Hawaii.
Big Island (Hawaii Island)
Best island for: an adventurous babymoon
Hawaii Island, also known as the Big Island, is a captivating destination that encompasses a diverse range of atmospheres, cultures, and breathtaking scenery.
The island emanates a laid-back and welcoming atmosphere, blending the modern comforts of resorts with the warmth of traditional Hawaiian hospitality.
Plus, the island’s scenery is simply awe-inspiring, with lush rainforests, cascading waterfalls, active volcanoes, and black sand beaches.
Top things to do on the Big Island while pregnant
- The Big Island boasts numerous picturesque beaches where you can take leisurely walks along the shoreline. Some popular options include Hapuna Beach, Kua Bay, and Makalawena Beach. These are also some of the best spots for maternity photos.
- The Hamakua Coast offers breathtaking views of lush valleys and cascading waterfalls, while the Saddle Road provides a scenic route between Hilo and Kona, showcasing panoramic vistas of volcanic peaks. Get a rental car so you can experience this scenic drive.
- Both the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden in Hilo and the Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden in Captain Cook are perfect for both a tranquil and educational experience.
- Go stargazing at the Mauna Kea Observatory for an unforgettable celestial journey.
- With its lush green cliffs, cascading waterfalls, and black sand beach, Waipio Valley offers a dramatic and majestic setting for maternity photography.
- Attend a traditional hula performance, participate in a lei-making workshop, or visit cultural sites such as Pu’uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park to learn about the island’s history and customs.
- Enjoy water activities: of course, while pregnant it’s important to choose water activities that are safe and suitable. Opt for relaxing options like snorkeling with manta rays off the Kona Coast, taking a leisurely boat tour to observe marine life, or even indulging in a prenatal aqua fitness class at select resorts.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is a must-visit, where you can marvel at volcanic craters, hike through lava fields, and potentially witness the glow of Halema’uma’u Crater.
- Treat yourself to a rejuvenating spa day, which can include prenatal massages, facials, and other wellness treatments. Many resorts and spas on the island offer specialized services for expecting mothers.
Best places to stay for your babymoon on the Big Island
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: A luxurious beachfront resort with spacious accommodations, serene ambiance, and a range of amenities including pools, spa services, and dining options.
- Fairmont Orchid: Nestled on the Kohala Coast, this resort provides a tranquil setting, elegant accommodations, and features like pools, a spa, and access to a beautiful beach.
- Mauna Lani Bay Hotel, Auberge Resorts Collection: Known for its stunning ocean views, this resort offers a serene atmosphere, upscale accommodations, and amenities such as a spa, fitness center, and dining options. It has also special Hawaii babymoon packages available.
- Hilton Waikoloa Village: Situated on the Kohala Coast, this expansive resort boasts pools, a lagoon, waterfalls, and various dining options, providing a fun and relaxing stay.
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa: A beachfront resort with comfortable rooms, a spa, multiple pools, and proximity to attractions like Anaehoomalu Bay.
- Outrigger Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay: Located near Keauhou Bay, this resort offers spacious rooms, oceanfront dining, pools, a spa, and a range of outdoor activities.
- Royal Kona Resort: With its oceanfront location in Kona, this resort provides comfortable accommodations, ocean-view dining, and access to popular attractions in the area.
- Waikoloa Colony Villas: Featuring villa-style accommodations, this resort offers spacious living areas, kitchen facilities, pools, and a convenient location near the Waikoloa Beach Resort.
Best island for: a relaxing babymoon
Kauai, the Garden Isle of Hawaii, has an enchanting atmosphere, rich culture, stunning scenery, and countless reasons to explore.
The island exudes a relaxed vibe, embracing the spirit of aloha with warm hospitality making a Kauai babymoon the perfect spot to just spend a couple of days in a tranquil environment.
Kauai’s culture is deeply rooted in Hawaiian traditions, and the scenery is nothing short of awe-inspiring, with emerald green valleys, beautiful waterfalls, rugged cliffs, and pristine beaches.
Top things to do on Kauai while pregnant
- Kauai is home to stunning beaches such as Hanalei Bay, Poipu Beach, and Ke’e Beach, where you can take gentle walks along the shore, and enjoy the calming sound of ocean waves.
- Embark on scenic drives like the Kuhio Highway, which offers breathtaking views of the coastline and lush landscapes. The Waimea Canyon Drive takes you through the stunning Waimea Canyon State Park.
- Explore the lush botanical gardens on the island, such as the Na ‘Aina Kai Botanical Gardens or Limahuli Garden and Preserve, where you can admire tropical plants, colorful flowers, and serene environments.
- Join a leisurely boat tour along the Nā Pali Coast to marvel at its towering cliffs, lush valleys, and cascading waterfalls. Opt for a catamaran or cruise that offers comfortable seating and shaded areas.
- Engage in cultural activities such as lei-making classes, hula performances, or visiting historic sites like the Kilohana Plantation or the Kauai Museum to learn about the island’s rich heritage.
- Pamper yourself with prenatal massages, facials, or other spa treatments tailored for expecting mothers. Many resorts and spas on Kauai offer specialized services for pregnant women.
- Visit enchanting locations like the serene Opaekaa Falls, the stunning Wailua Falls, or the Allerton Garden in the Lawai Valley, where you can enjoy the beauty of Kauai’s natural landscapes.
- Choose from easy and scenic hikes suitable for pregnancy, such as the Ho’opi’i Falls Trail, the Kuilau Ridge Trail, or the Maha’ulepu Heritage Trail, offering beautiful views of the coastline.
Best places to stay for your babymoon on Kauai
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa: A luxurious beachfront resort with spacious accommodations, multiple pools, a full-service spa, and various dining options.
- Koa Kea Hotel & Resort: Located on Poipu Beach, this boutique hotel offers elegant rooms, a relaxing pool area, beach access, and a spa specializing in prenatal treatments.
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas: Nestled on the north shore of Kauai, this resort provides villa-style accommodations with kitchenettes, multiple pools, and access to the stunning beaches nearby.
- Kauai Marriott Resort: Situated on Kalapaki Beach, this resort offers comfortable rooms, a large pool complex, beach access, and proximity to shopping and dining options.
- Ko’a Kea Hotel & Resort: A boutique oceanfront resort with modern accommodations, a tranquil pool area, beach access, and a spa offering prenatal treatments.
- The Cliffs at Princeville: Providing condo-style accommodations, this resort features spacious units with kitchenettes, multiple pools, and a serene setting on the north shore of Kauai.
- Sheraton Kauai Resort: Located on Poipu Beach, this resort offers comfortable rooms, a beautiful oceanfront pool, beach access, and proximity to popular attractions like Spouting Horn.
- Hanalei Bay Resort: Situated on the north shore of Kauai, this resort offers spacious accommodations, multiple pools, tennis courts, and stunning views of Hanalei Bay.
Best island for: a romantic babymoon
Maui, the Valley Isle of Hawaii, encapsulates a captivating blend of vibrant atmosphere, rich culture, awe-inspiring scenery, and lots of places to explore.
A Maui babymoon will be a truly relaxing Hawaii babymoon.
The scenery is truly breathtaking, and with its enchanting atmosphere, rich cultural heritage, diverse landscapes, and unforgettable sunsets, Maui beckons pregnant travelers to indulge in relaxation, adventure, and the spirit of aloha.
Top things to do on Maui while pregnant
- Maui offers beautiful beaches such as Kaanapali Beach, Wailea Beach, and Napili Bay, where you can relax, swim in calm waters, and soak up the sun.
- Enjoy a leisurely drive along the scenic Road to Hana, marveling at waterfalls, lush rainforests, and breathtaking coastal views. Remember to take breaks and stretch your legs during the journey.
- Visit the Maui Nui Botanical Gardens or the Kula Botanical Garden, where you can appreciate the island’s unique plant life and tranquil environments.
- Experience the vibrant Polynesian culture by attending a luau, where you can enjoy traditional Hawaiian music, hula performances, and delicious island cuisine.
- Indulge in prenatal massages, facials, or other spa treatments designed for expecting mothers at the island’s luxurious resorts and spas.
- Explore the marine life and enjoy educational exhibits at the Maui Ocean Center, providing an engaging and interactive experience for all ages.
- Embark on a calm and relaxing sunset cruise along the coast of Maui, enjoying stunning views, gentle breezes, and the beauty of the Pacific Ocean.
- Participate in prenatal yoga classes offered at various studios on the island, providing a gentle and rejuvenating way to stay active during your pregnancy.
- Take a leisurely stroll through Lahaina Town, known for its historic charm, art galleries, boutique shops, and waterfront dining options.
Best places to stay for your babymoon on Maui
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea: A luxurious beachfront resort offering spacious accommodations, multiple pools, a spa, and dining options.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua: Located on the northwest coast of Maui, this upscale resort provides elegant rooms, a serene pool area, beach access, and a variety of dining options.
- Grand Wailea Maui, A Waldorf Astoria Resort: Known for its expansive pools and water features, this beachfront resort offers comfortable accommodations, a spa, and several dining options.
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui: A beachfront resort featuring suite-style accommodations, pools, a spa, and access to Polo Beach.
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa: Situated on Kaanapali Beach, this resort offers spacious rooms (some with a hot tub), multiple pools with a water slide, a spa, and various dining options.
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort: A modern resort with stylish accommodations, pools, a spa, and direct access to Mokapu Beach.
- Montage Kapalua Bay: Offering luxury residences with kitchen facilities, this resort provides access to Kapalua Bay, a pool, spa services, and on-site dining.
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel: Located on Kaanapali Beach, this Hawaiian-owned hotel offers comfortable accommodations, cultural activities, and a range of dining options.
Best island for: an exciting babymoon
Oahu, the Gathering Place of Hawaii, has a bustling energy, showcasing a fusion of urban vibrancy and natural beauty, and is a really popular babymoon destination.
Oahu’s culture is a vibrant tapestry of ancient traditions and modern influences, it has a renowned culinary scene and the scenery is a feast for the senses.
The island also presents a wide range of activities, whether it’s hiking to waterfalls, snorkeling in crystal-clear waters, or immersing yourself in the island’s rich history. With its lively atmosphere, diverse cultural heritage, stunning landscapes, and vibrant city life, Oahu beckons visitors to create lasting memories.
Top things to do on Oahu while pregnant
- Oahu offers beautiful beaches such as Waikiki Beach, Lanikai Beach, and Sunset Beach, where you can enjoy gentle walks, sunbathe, or simply soak in the ocean breeze. Lanikai Beach is a great place to take maternity shots too.
- Visit the Foster Botanical Garden or Ho’omaluhia Botanical Garden to experience the island’s diverse plant life and serene environments.
- Explore historic sites like Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial, where you can learn about the island’s history and pay tribute to those who served.
- Enjoy a leisurely drive along the scenic Kalanianaole Highway, offering breathtaking coastal views and access to attractions like Hanauma Bay and the Makapuu Lighthouse Trail.
- Immerse yourself in Hawaiian culture by attending a traditional luau, where you can witness hula performances, indulge in local cuisine, and enjoy live music.
- Treat yourself to a prenatal massage, facial, or other soothing spa treatments designed for expectant mothers at one of the island’s luxurious spas.
- One of the best places for an easy hike on Oahu is the Diamond Head State Monument. The hike takes you to the summit of a dormant volcanic crater, offering panoramic vistas of Waikiki Beach, the Pacific Ocean, and the surrounding landscapes.
- Jurassic Park fans can tour one of the locations it was filmed at, Kualoa Ranch, where there are some great photo opportunities.
- Take a leisurely stroll along the iconic Waikiki Beach, browse the shops along Kalakaua Avenue, and savor the vibrant atmosphere of this famous tourist district.
- Visit the Honolulu Museum of Art to enjoy a peaceful afternoon exploring the art collections and exhibits at this renowned museum.
- Embark on a calm and relaxing sunset cruise along the coast of Oahu, where you can enjoy stunning views, gentle ocean breezes, and the colors of the setting sun.
Best places to stay for your babymoon on Oahu
- The Kahala Hotel & Resort: A luxury beachfront resort with spacious accommodations, a serene ambiance, multiple pools, and a spa.
- Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa: Located in Ko Olina, this family-friendly resort offers comfortable rooms, pools with water features, a spa, and various dining options.
- Halekulani: Situated on Waikiki Beach, this elegant resort provides luxurious accommodations, oceanfront dining, a spa, and a peaceful atmosphere.
- Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina: A beachfront resort offering spacious rooms, pools, a full-service spa, and dining options with ocean views.
- Turtle Bay Resort: Located on the North Shore, this resort offers comfortable accommodations, beach access, multiple pools, and a range of outdoor activities.
- Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort: Known as the “Pink Palace of the Pacific,” this historic luxury hotel offers elegant rooms, beach access, a pool, and a spa.
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa: Situated on Waikiki Beach, this iconic resort features classic Hawaiian charm, comfortable rooms, beach access, and a spa.
- The Modern Honolulu: A stylish boutique hotel offering modern accommodations, a pool, beach access, and a range of dining options.
Best island for: a secluded babymoon
Lanai, the secluded island paradise of Hawaii, offers a serene atmosphere, rich cultural heritage, breathtaking scenery, and compelling reasons to visit.
Known as the “Pineapple Island,” Lanai exudes a tranquil and laid-back vibe, inviting visitors to unwind and embrace the island’s natural beauty. It has opportunities to explore ancient archaeological sites, witness traditional ceremonies, and immerse oneself in the warmth of aloha.
Lanai’s scenery is a testament to its untouched allure, with rugged coastlines, pristine beaches, lush forests, and panoramic views from rugged cliffs.
Top things to do on Lanai while pregnant
- Lanai offers picturesque and uncrowded beaches like Hulopoe Beach and Manele Bay, where you can enjoy peaceful sunbathing, gentle walks along the shore, and swimming in calm waters.
- Visit the beautiful Gardens of Koele, featuring manicured landscapes, vibrant flowers, and peaceful walking paths, providing a serene environment for leisurely strolls.
- Take a short hike to witness the iconic Puu Pehe rock formation, located on the southern coast of the island of Lanai. Enjoy the scenic views and the legend surrounding this picturesque landmark.
- Take a leisurely drive along Lanai’s scenic roads, such as the Munro Trail, offering panoramic views of the island’s rugged landscapes, lush forests, and distant ocean vistas.
- Indulge in relaxation and pampering at the luxurious resorts on Lanai, such as the Four Seasons Lanai, which offer prenatal spa treatments, tranquil pools, and peaceful surroundings.
- Enjoy a gentle nature walk through the forests of Lanai, exploring trails like the Koloiki Ridge Trail or the Kanepuu Preserve, where you can appreciate the island’s native flora and fauna.
- Experience the pristine night skies of Lanai by stargazing in areas away from artificial lights. Marvel at the celestial beauty and constellations visible in the island’s clear skies.
- Savor the island’s culinary delights by enjoying meals at local restaurants and resort dining establishments, offering a blend of local flavors and international cuisine.
Best places to stay for your babymoon on Lanai
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai: Located on the southern coast of Lanai, this luxurious resort offers spacious accommodations, tranquil pools, a spa, and stunning ocean views.
- Sensei Lanai, A Four Seasons Resort: This wellness retreat provides an immersive experience focused on rejuvenation and mindfulness, with serene accommodations, wellness activities, and a tranquil setting.
- Hotel Lanai: Situated in Lanai City, this charming boutique hotel offers comfortable rooms, a peaceful ambiance, and easy access to local shops and restaurants.
Best island for: a scenic babymoon
Molokai, the “Friendly Isle” of Hawaii, embodies a serene and unspoiled atmosphere, a deeply rooted culture, breathtaking scenery, and compelling reasons to visit. When it comes to taking a babymoon in Hawaii this is the perfect place if you just want some peace and quiet.
This small and secluded island exudes a sense of tranquility, inviting visitors to slow down and embrace its peaceful ambiance. Molokai’s culture is cherished by its residents, preserving the spirit of old Hawaii and offering authentic experiences through traditional practices like outrigger canoeing, fishing, and cultural celebrations.
The island’s scenery is characterized by dramatic sea cliffs along the remote Kalaupapa Peninsula, pristine white sand beaches like Papohaku Beach, and lush valleys with cascading waterfalls.
Top things to do on Molokai while pregnant
- Molokai offers peaceful and uncrowded beaches like Papohaku Beach, Kumimi Beach, and Kapukahehu Beach (also known as Dixie Maru Beach), where you can unwind and enjoy the soothing sounds of the ocean.
- Known as one of Hawaii’s largest white sand beaches, Papohaku Beach offers a serene and secluded setting for intimate maternity photos.
- Take a guided tour or a scenic flight to the remote Kalaupapa Peninsula, where you can learn about the history of the Hansen’s disease settlement and its residents, and appreciate the stunning sea cliffs that surround the area.
- Embark on a guided tour or hike to Halawa Valley, a beautiful and culturally significant area known for its lush landscapes, ancient temples, and majestic waterfalls.
- Immerse yourself in the island’s rich history and culture by exploring exhibits at the Molokai Museum and Cultural Center, which showcases artifacts, artwork, and stories of the local community.
- Check for local festivals, hula performances, or cultural events happening during your visit, where you can experience traditional music, dance, crafts, and food.
- Take a leisurely drive along Molokai’s scenic roads, such as the Molokai Highway, to admire the island’s stunning landscapes, including rolling hills, ocean views, and lush valleys.
- Explore nature trails and hikes, like the Mo’omomi Preserve Trail or the Kapuaiwa Coconut Grove Trail, to witness Molokai’s unique flora and fauna.
- Enjoy breathtaking sunsets from different vantage points on the island, such as Papohaku Beach or Kapuaiwa Coconut Grove, and savor the beauty of the moment.
Best places to stay for your babymoon on Molokai
- Hotel Molokai: Located on the waterfront in Kaunakakai, this boutique hotel offers cozy accommodations, a pool, an oceanfront restaurant, and a relaxed atmosphere.
- Molokai Shores: Situated on the south shore of Molokai, this condominium resort features spacious units with kitchen facilities, a pool, BBQ areas, and beach access.
- Castle Molokai Shores: Adjacent to Molokai Shores, this resort offers similar amenities, including comfortable accommodations, ocean views, and a peaceful setting.
- Wavecrest Resort: Located on the eastern end of Molokai, this oceanfront condominium complex offers fully equipped units, a pool, tennis courts, and beautiful views of the neighboring islands.
A babymoon in Hawaii gives you plenty of opportunities to take in amazing views, eat at great restaurants and explore lush gardens and beaches with your partner while you await the arrival of your baby boy or baby girl. It’s the most beautiful place and a great destination to spend perfect time with your partner.
More of the best babymoon destinations.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, it is generally safe to travel to Hawaii while pregnant. However, it is always important to consult with your healthcare provider before making any travel plans. They can evaluate your specific pregnancy status and provide guidance based on your individual health needs.
Maui and Kauai are often considered the best Hawaiian islands for a babymoon. Maui offers beautiful beaches, luxurious resorts, and a romantic atmosphere, while Kauai provides a tranquil and lush environment, perfect for a peaceful getaway. Ultimately, the choice between the two depends on whether you prefer a mix of activities and relaxation (Maui) or a quieter and more secluded experience (Kauai).
Hawaii can be a great choice for a babymoon, and it’s generally considered a safe destination. Just make sure to check with your doctor or healthcare provider to ensure it’s safe for you and your baby based on your specific pregnancy. Remember to take basic safety precautions like staying hydrated, using sunscreen, and following local guidelines.
Hawaii offers a variety of stunning locations for maternity photos. Some top choices include Lanikai Beach on Oahu with its pristine sands, Waipio Valley on the Big Island for its lush cliffs and waterfalls, and the Na Pali Coast on Kauai known for its dramatic sea cliffs and vibrant green valleys.
This post contains affiliate links. A full disclosure is available from the main menu.